Coaching not Cojoling
After 20 years of collecting data, we know that fewer than 5% of sales managers have enough of the sales coaching skills to be highly effective. Are your sales managers are simply telling your salespeople to make more calls or to “run faster”? If so, you are not alone!
The Sales Manager Challenge
Most sales managers are promoted into their role due to prior sales success. However, the skills and behaviors that make a successful salesperson do not necessarily translate to a great sales manager.
Coaching is a sales manager’s most critical role. Yet, this is where we typically see the weakest skills in our assessment findings.
We can help your organization develop the sales management skills needed to coach your team to selling success.
The 8 Keys to Sales
- Effectively debriefs salespeople
- Conducts effective joint calls
- Asks quality questions of salespeople
- Identifies and addresses the major performance factors
- Trains and coaches an effective selling process
- Gets commitment from salespeople
- Consistently coaches sales skills & behaviors
- Effectively on-boards new salespeople accuracy.